East Lothian Council
Built circa 1900, Bielmill bridge comprises of a supported concrete deck constructed from concrete beams spanning 11m over an existing minor road.
In March 2008, Freyssinet Makers were engaged as Principle Contractor by East Lothian Council to undertake the structural refurbishment and strengthening of bridge while maintaining the bridge’s natural features.
The works include the following scope of works, and all associated temporary works and traffic c management:
• Removal of the reinforced concrete bridge deck whilst retaining the
• Installation of a new composite steel deck on new bridge bearings.
• Concrete repairs to existing parapets and edge beams.
• Installation of a cathodic protection system.
• Waterproofi ng of bridge deck
• Reinstatement and resurfacing of the road.
Freyssinet Makers, 46 Deerdykes View, Cumbernauld, Glasgow G68 9HN Phone +44 (0) 1236 780622 Fax +44 (0) 1236 780722 Email email@example.com