Job Title: Technical Engineer
Department: National Product and Repairs
Place of Work: Telford/Leeds (mobile)
Accountable to: National Product and Repairs Sales Director
Since its inception in 1950, Freyssinet has been at the forefront of providing specialised civil engineering technology, consultancy and installation for projects large and small.
Freyssinet forms part of the Soletanche Freyssinet Group, a name that is respected worldwide for delivering innovative solutions and pushing the envelope of civil and structural engineering achievement.
Originally a specialist in bridge components and post-tensioning, Freyssinet has successfully expanded its portfolio of products and services into repair, protection and strengthening of structures: specialising in diagnostic surveys, repairs, refurbishment, bridge bearings and cathodic protection to reinforced concrete in the building, civil and marine sectors.
In 2007 the Freyssinet Group adopted the ‘Sustainable Technology’ tagline. Its products and services offer high value-added solutions which are synonymous with sustainability, our aim is “to do more with less materials and energy”, setting us apart from conventional solutions.
An exciting opportunity for a dynamic, forward thinking Mechanical Engineer to join Freyssinet’s National Products and Repairs Team. The role may suit an engineer with relevant work experience, or a graduate with the drive and enthusiasm to build on their learning, with the support and mentoring of the National Sales Director. The role will require travel to site locations and can be based between Freyssinet offices in Telford and Leeds.
To support the National Products and Repairs team in the generation of business relationships by collaborating with customers to support maintenance activities, carrying site inspection of bearings and expansion joints, performing technical coordination of some designs and installations as well as assisting in the technical development of new product solutions.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Examining customer data and developing offers for products and services (cost/price creation)
- Maintaining involvement in uncovering sales opportunities with prospective and existing customers
- Handling of customer enquiries which will involve dealing with customers and suppliers
- Handling of internal enquiries which involve liaison and support to enable the regions to present products and identify related service opportunitiy
- Assist in the production of quality bids with key supply chain partners
- Support across business regions for Freyssinet products and related service including Freyssicare whole life services
- Work with the Marketing team to identify key specifiers and prepare focused documents to aid Consultants and Contractors in the selection of Freyssinet products
- Maintain department sales reporting using our CRM tool (Salesforce), including the regular update of the pipeline of opportunities and tenders.
- In the field of bearings and expansion joints, prepare asset condition investigations and whole life assessment reports to leverage Freyssinet expertise and solutions
- Coordinate the production of layout, assembly and detail drawings for products
- Examine installation processes for products and identify processes or materials which support service and operation teams around the UK. This may include the leveraging of contacts across group to support new ideas and learning
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings and specifications – liaising with Technical teams in Paris, Milan and London
- Creating & Issuing Works Orders, Schedules, Exchequers, General Assembly drawings, Detail Drawings, Modification notes
- Review and assist the further development of structural product reports to present whole life and replacement product strategies. Assist with product data in relation to inspections. Occasionally support inspections and site attendance to assist key clients and regions.
- Develop and promote product related solutions to add value to core service business: from our current product range AND the new product and services related to Freyssicare whole life
- Focused on developing and delivering innovative ideas and solutions, assisting all regions in business improvement
- Travel around the UK in order to visit clients and in support of your role
Knowledge and experience
- A degree in mechanical engineering (essential)
- A keen interest in the civil engineering sector (essential)
- Relevant post-graduate experience in a similar role (preferred)
- Knowledge of Structural Products (advantageous but training provided)
Maintain CPD by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations. Keep up to date with industry sector and product developments, both externally and across the Freyssinet Group.
£competitive plus annual bonus; car or car allowance; private healthcare; income protection insurance; life assurance; company pension; company share scheme.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to HR@freyssinet.co.uk with the subject title ‘Technical Engineer.’
Freyssinet is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Find out more about Freyssinet here.