Job Title: Sales & Estimating Manager
Department: Freyssinet Ltd
Place of Work: Northern Region
Accountable to: Northern Region Sales Director
Present for more than 70 years in the UK, Freyssinet Ltd has been at the forefront of providing specialised civil engineering technology, consultancy and installation for projects large and small.
As a subsidiary of the Freyssinet company headquartered in France, Freyssinet Ltd forms part of the Soletanche Freyssinet Group, a name that is respected worldwide for delivering innovative solutions and pushing the envelope of civil and structural engineering achievement.
In 2007 Freyssinet Group adopted the ‘Sustainable Technology’ tagline. Our products and services offer are geared toward making structures more durable and making more efficient use of material setting us apart from conventional solutions. Originally a specialist in bridge components and post-tensioning, Freyssinet Ltd has successfully expanded its portfolio of products and services to offer an unrivalled range of skills and integrated technical solutions for new structures and the repairs and maintenance of highways, buildings, railways, water, commercial and industrial structures
Freyssinet Ltd’s value-added solutions are supported by subsidiary companies; Corrosion Control Services Ltd (CCSL) – a specialist consultancy in diagnosis of corrosion-related deterioration, Aquaforce Concrete Services Ltd, a dedicated hydro demolition and spray concrete team and Foreva Concrete Repairs Ltd, experts in repair and maintenance operations.
Freyssinet Ltd operates from its Head Office in Telford and multiple sites across the UK. Following the starting success of its Southern Office in London, Freyssinet Ltd has embarked in further regionalisation of its activities, aligned to its strategic plan for growth. It is now ready for further expansion in the North of England and Scotland.
Building on existing capabilities and portfolio of projects, the Northern Sales & Estimating Manager will focus on business development activities with a view to growing a profitable, robust, and sustainable pipeline of opportunities and projects. The emphasis will be to raise the profile of the Freyssinet brands, develop our client base, and build a balanced portfolio of small and large projects including new build, concrete repairs and products (including bearings and expansion joints) in the Northern Region.
This is an opportunity for a dynamic individual, with a civil engineering background and proven ability to grow and retain quality business through effective networking. You will have the support of a highly established organisation, a well-structured framework and an internal network of knowledgeable and motivated colleagues, providing you with the tools and confidence to promote Freyssinet’s reputation as the leader in its field.
Job Purpose / Summary
- To work closely with the Northern Region Sales Director to develop and implement a strategic plan for business growth in the Northern Region
- To be responsible for the order intake across the range of Freyssinet activities through the execution and delivery of a structured and focused sales approach
- To ensure a continual pipeline of quality business is sustained within the Northern Region through effective and trusted business relationships
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a growth strategy for the Northern Region of Freyssinet
- Contribution to the definition of sales objectives for the Northern Region in alignment with the company’s objectives
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of quality business opportunities
- Develop winning commercial and teaming strategies to increase success ratio and grow our order intake in the Region
- Engage regularly with clients and partners in order to analyse context, competition and market potential
- Identify opportunities for potential new clients and specific project targets with a view to turn them into new business
- Grow opportunities with existing clients by presenting them with innovative technical solutions, products and services
- Explore and maximise on promotional activities such as seminars and networking events (internal and external)
- Maintain updated sales reporting using the company CRM tool (Salesforce)
- Define tender strategy in relation to the opportunity including partnering and pricing strategies in line with the company’s objectives
- Integrate with the estimating team to deliver successful bids
- Ensure the development and delivery of bids in the Region
- Ensure engagement of the Estimators / Operations Department in the bids
- Engage with the Technical Solutions Department to promote innovation and technical excellence in our offers
- Supervise the implementation of bid governance requirements
- Follow up the offers submitted to the clients
- Contribute to contract negotiation and supervise the winning bids handover to the Operational Teams
Knowledge & Experience
- A degree in civil engineering or equivalent in a relevant construction discipline (advantageous)
- Proven ability to develop business within the structural repairs and/or specialist construction sectors (essential)
- Multi-disciplinary knowledge gained from a number of the following:
(preference will be given to candidates with a good range of relevant sector knowledge):
Bridge Repairs, Concrete Repairs, Cathodic Protection, Structural Strengthening, External Building Refurbishment, Jacking & Propping,
Bearing Replacement and Carbon Fibre Reinforcement
- Operational/project background (advantageous)
- Good connections in the construction sector
Skills & Attributes
|Communicating & Influencing||Strong, effective communication skills; tenacious and pro-active; able to identify, secure and maximise on business opportunities; excellent influencing ability, able to negotiate effectively to achieve positive outcomes.|
|Results Driven||Able to identify viable business prospects, applying a consistent, structured and thorough approach to convert to sales; focused on results; driven to meet and exceed targets; able to leverage support resources available to ensure strategic objectives are achieved.|
|Resilience||Demonstrates drive and determination to succeed; identifies opportunities and maximises on them; maintains motivation and effectiveness, even in situations of adversity.|
|Ownership & Accountability||Understands the correlation between own actions and results; holds self-accountable and takes responsibility; able to practically review and analyse unsuccessful outcomes, turning them into opportunities for improvement and further self-development.|
|Planning & Organising||Excellent organisational skills and time-management ability; able to plan and deliver specific tasks, sales targets and ultimately turnover and profit.|
|Teamworking||Self-motivated and able to work independently, whilst understanding the value of a collaborative team effort; recognising how own contribution and effective working relationships with colleagues contributes positively to achieving strategic goals.|
Maintain CPD by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
Keep up to date with industry sector and product developments, both externally and across the Freyssinet Group.
Extensive networking (internal and external).
Take every opportunity to develop and enhance key skills, including sales techniques and presentation ability.
£competitive plus annual bonus; car or car allowance; private healthcare; income protection insurance; life assurance; company pension; company share scheme.
Download the full job description here.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to HR@freyssinet.co.uk with the subject title ‘Sales & Estimating Manager’.
Freyssinet is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Find out more about Freyssinet here.