Job Title: Operations Manager
Department: Operations (Southern)
Place of Work: London (South East)
Accountable to: General Manager (Southern)
Since its inception in 1950, Freyssinet has been at the forefront of providing specialised civil engineering technology, consultancy and installation for projects large and small.
Freyssinet forms part of the Soletanche Freyssinet Group, a name that is respected worldwide for delivering innovative solutions and pushing the envelope of civil and structural engineering achievement.
Originally a specialist in bridge components and post-tensioning, Freyssinet has successfully expanded its portfolio of products and services into repair, protection and strengthening of structures: specialising in diagnostic surveys, repairs, refurbishment, bridge bearings and cathodic protection to reinforced concrete in the building, civil and marine sectors.
In 2007 the Freyssinet Group adopted the ‘Sustainable Technology’ tagline. Its products and services offer high value-added solutions which are synonymous with sustainability, our aim is “to do more with less materials and energy”, setting us apart from conventional solutions.
A leadership position supporting the Company from tender/handover stage with technical and practical input, to ensuring overall project delivery in the Southern region, including safety, quality, efficiency and profitability.
Job Purpose / Summary
To ensure effective delivery of all Southern projects through management of internal resources, adherence to Company and legislative procedures and strong working relationships with all stakeholders (internal and external).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring safety is managed to Company and Legal standards across all projects and through visible management commitment supporting the safety culture within the company
- Assisting the tendering team to review productivity rates, sequence of works and the overall strategy and contract terms for successful project delivery
- Management of all Southern operations (productivity, cost & time) and project execution to achieve the Company’s strategic business plans
- Ensure clients’ needs are clearly and correctly understood and communicated between all relevant parties
- Contract management in conjunction with the Commercial Team (Project Quantity Surveyor) to ensure Freyssinet’s contractual position is protected and secured
- Preparing and presenting detailed monthly forecasts for each active job, in conjunction with the Project Quantity Surveyor, to demonstrate expenditure to date and actual value remaining in the project
- Anticipating future personnel needs: understanding the workforce and recruiting pro-actively
- Reviewing employee performance and identifying training needs in relation to project requirements and employee development
- Developing and maintaining trusted relationships with existing and new customers through active engagement during project delivery and ensuring overall client satisfaction
- Representing and promoting Freyssinet products and services when project obstacles/ technical queries arise: establishing an image of professionalism and technical excellence among the industry
- Leadership, team development and communication of the company’s objectives and policies for project execution
- Preparation of weekly contract/ project review sheets for all allocated contracts and presentation and detailed review of such at the Construction meeting
- Working as a part of the leadership team to assist with the business growth strategy
- Good working relationships with all support functions across the Business
Knowledge & Experience
- A degree in civil engineering or equivalent in a relevant construction discipline
- NEBOSH Construction certificate
- Demonstrable experience of operational management of multiple projects
- Good commercial acumen, including an awareness of construction related contracts (NEC)
- Multi-disciplinary knowledge gained from some (or all) of the following: Bridge Repairs, Jacking & Propping, Bearing Replacement, Structural Repairs & Strengthening, Carbon Fibre Reinforcement and Cathodic Protection
Skills & Attributes
|Leadership||Management and leadership experience from a contracting environment; Leading via example and endorsing Company values|
|Communicating & Influencing||Strong, effective communication skills; tenacious and pro-active; able to identify and overcome problems at an early stage by gaining relevant stakeholder buy-in|
|Commercial Awareness||Controlling costs through implementation and delivery of projects to completion, ensuring profit targets are met|
|Decision-Making||Able to analyse information and evaluate results, to make the best decisions in solving problems|
|Planning & Organising||Excellent organisation skills and time-management ability; able to develop robust work programmes, plans and goals, to ensure effective delivery of projects|
|Motivating||To encourage and build team spirit among operations staff, bringing about mutual respect and cooperation|
|Conflict Management||To effectively address and resolve disputes and conflict with both internal and external stakeholders|
Maintain CPD by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations. Keep up to date with industry sector and product developments, both externally and across the Freyssinet Group.
£competitive plus annual bonus; car or car allowance; private healthcare; income protection insurance; life assurance; company pension; company share scheme.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to HR@freyssinet.co.uk with the subject title ‘Operations Manager’.
Freyssinet is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Find out more about Freyssinet here.