Freyssinet is a world leader in post-tensioning, applying its extensive experience and innovative applications to deliver technical and economical optimised solutions on every project, including in a marine environment on offshore structures.
Freyssinet offers an integrated service, from design and construction, through to installation and maintenance, utilising an in-house design team and experienced site managers and operatives.
Prestressed concrete for oil and gas offshore platforms
Prestressed concrete has been employed in marine structure construction on a number of offshore projects. It is an efficient technology for fixed platforms and floating structures used for the drilling, extraction, production or storage for crude or natural gas.
Durable, safe and easy to maintain in an aggressive marine environment, the advantages of prestressing technology make it an ideal solution for the stringent requirements of offshore structures.
The main benefits include:
- Excellent fatigue behaviour
- Good resistance to abrasion
- Limited crack propagation
- Slow chloride migration
- Good resistance in cases of fire or ice
- Structurally, low centre of gravity reducing motions and giving better station-keeping characteristics
- No size limitation of the structures
- Cost effective